Thursday, January 18, 2024

And another year has gone by

I can't believe it's been a whole year since my last post?!?  What happened?!?  Life!!!  Well I'm still here, making things, spending time with family and friends.  I will try to do better about posting on a regular basis.  

It's the year of the dragon, so of course I painted a few.

 

Started with this one.  Used a scrap piece of 5" X 7" scrap piece of watercolor paper.  Sketched my dragon and colored it with watercolors.  Not my medium, but I made it work.


Next I decorated the cover of my 2024 Date book!

            




The journey continued with a few more Dragon Watercolor pieces.

And I'd like to say that was the last one, but it wasn't.  The next one is done on a wood panel.  Not sure if he's completely done yet?!?
 
Using a regular ball point pen I scribbled on my design.  Then painted the areas with Acrylic paint.

So as you can see the year is off to a good start!  I also signed up for a year long class. Paint Your Heart and Soul 2024.  Here's a pic of lesson #2 taught by Kate Thompson.

This piece is done on a scrap piece of muslin, photo Transfer using Matt gel medium, painted using Acrylics.  The flower is a vintage piece of linen with florals, that I cut out and attached with Matt medium.






 


 



No comments: