Monday, September 29, 2014

She's finally done!


As promised, she is finally done.  No name yet, but I'm sure that will come.  It was a fun process and I always learn something. 

Friday, September 26, 2014

Progress report


I've been working on my Rider for the past couple of days.  Not much left to do, but my fingers are starting to hurt from all the hand stitching and pocking.  I had to add a weight to the Field Mouse and now she doesn't fall over. I hope to get this piece done this weekend. 

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

No excuses

Well it has been a while since I have posted anything.  Summer time tends to keep folks busier, I guess???  I'm having a bit of a dry spell here, and I mean this literally both inside and outside.  I am trying to get back in the groove of things. I did manage to sew up "six" Troll bodies that I'm making for the 2015 ODACA Centerpiece Dolls/Trolls.

Some of us work well under pressure, but I don't really want to go there. LOL

Today I will attempt to do a little on my Troll Rider.  I will try to keep you posted on how that goes.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Troll Rider

Today I added the second leg and the arms. I'm very happy with the progress. I can't wait to give him/her some clothes. And have lots of embellishment ideas. 

Friday, June 20, 2014

Troll Rider



Yesterday's post must have inspired me to get to work on my Troll rider.  Don't pay attention to the pins and open spots, it's a WIP.  I just thought I'd post my progress.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

I'm still here

My apologies for not posting in such a long time!  We've had a perfect spring here in Southern California and it's really hard to be inside.  Here are a few things I have made since my last post.

So, I did a small mixed media collage that I gifted.

Making all sorts of upcycled Denim bags.  This one is made from a pair of overalls, and barkcloth.  The leather handles are from a old leather coat.  And since there were no holes I made some holes and then patched them.


I got a little side tracked with doing some Sun printing.  I took a piece of muslin and some watered down acrylic paint.  Painted my muslin and then laid a variety of flowers on top and the sun did the rest.



Then I ripped off a small section and did some FME.


And I have been very addicted to upcycling denim lately, so I used the decorated piece in my new upcycled denim bag. 




Lastley, here is a new trolls all sewn up and waiting to be stuffed.  This little troll will be the rider for the Field Mouse.  And I'm hoping to get working on it in the next few days. 


More soon!

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Something new ........

Today I finished my Field Mouse that I started last month.  I'm tickled to have her finished.  Now she may get a little friend down the road.  I'll keep you posted.