Friday, September 14, 2018

Doing some painting

Well, I have decided to do an on-line class with Lynn Whipple, called "Big Bold Bloom Wild Painting".  It's a five week class with two lessons a week.  

Lesson one, we did timed drawings.  Then cut them out and made this wonderful arrangement of paper flowers.
Lesson two, we grounded our canvases.  Giving each a different color.  Gesso, orange and grey.
 Then, we used chalk and Charcoal stick and painted our flowers.  Turned the canvas three times.



Lesson 3, we filled in the shapes with flat household paint.  I loved this process.




I would be totally happy to leave them like this, but Lynn said not to get too attached. Oh' boy!  This is a layer of many layers.

We're now doing Lesson 4.  Here's my progress so far.  Kinda freaking out a bit.  We shall see where it goes.  This is my flower sketch.  And my sorta loosly painted flowers and drips. 
  


No comments: