Saturday, May 30, 2020

It's not as easy as you think

I had this idea to make a new Troll.  Sketched it out and everything.


So then I had this idea to make it real primitive, rectangles, squares, stitches that can be seen and so on.  Well, much to my surprise that is not as easy as you think.  The first head I made was my traditional, except I'm using a heavy T-shirt.  And that was OK, but not what I was going for. 

So the past few days I've been stitching.  Letting things happen as they may.  Using an applied method, instead of needle sculpting. When it gets real ugly I stop.  This is my progress so far.  It doesn't even come close to the sketch.

I will keep going for a while, see where it goes.  Or it may just end up in the Trash.  Who knows?!?

2 comments:

Carol Messick said...

Keep going! You know there is always that stage of "I don't know about this" I see it looking pretty good there. some of my best works have been surprises!

susi said...

Dear Ute, I like your trolls so much and this one is very special! Please dont let it end in the Trash!! I allready for myself gave it a name: "Mr. Covid", because he seems so inconceivable and uncomfortable.I look forward, how he will turn out in the end!
Best greetings Susi